PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION POLICY
At ‘’ROMEL” or the ”organization”), we firmly believe in the importance of protecting the personal information of our customers, employees, and representatives (designated hereinafter referred to as “you”, “your”). We are subject to the Privacy Act, and as such, we are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information we collect during our activities, including those of the Société de gestion Querbes and our subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our”).
- Account means a unique account created so that you can access our website or parts of it.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile or other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website, among its many uses.
- Device means any device – a computer, cell phone or digital tablet – capable of accessing the Website.
- Personal Information or Data means any information or intelligence relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes this data on behalf of ROMEL. These are third party companies or individuals retained by ROMEL to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on ROMEL’s behalf, to perform Service-related services, or to assist ROMEL in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third Party Service means any website or social networking site through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data means data collected automatically, whether generated by the use of the website or by the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a visit to a page).
- Website means the ROMEL website accessible at https://www.romel-montreal.ca
- User means the individual accessing or using the Website, or the company or legal entity on whose behalf such individual accesses or uses the Website, as the case may be.
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information which can be used to contact or identify you. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number;
- Biographical information such as job title, employer, photograph, and video or audio content;
- Service information, such as details of the services we have provided to you;
- Recruitment information, such as your resume, education and work history, details of your professional affiliations, and other information relevant to potential recruitment or association with ROMEL;
- Usage Data may include information such as your device’s IP address, the type of browser you use, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the date and time of your visit, time spent on these pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data;
- If you access our website through a mobile device, we may automatically collect certain information, including the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique identifier, your mobile device’s IP address, the operating system of your mobile device, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- We may also collect information that your browser sends when you visit our website or access our website via a mobile device.
- Any other personal information provided. Please note that if you provide us with personal information about other individuals (such as your customers, directors, officers, shareholders, employees or beneficial owners), you must ensure that you have given such individuals appropriate notice that you provide us with their information and that you have obtained their consent to such disclosure.
WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
ROMEL’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected.ROMEL collects personal information for a variety of reasons, including:
- Respond to your requests
- Process payments and issue receipts.
- Complete your registration for an event, training, newsletter, upload to our website or registration for a webinar in which you wish to participate.
- Managing our human resources and service agreements.
- Respect your withdrawal choices.
- To operate, maintain, improve, and provide all the functionality of the website, to provide the services and information you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users of the website.
- To provide and improve our website, to understand how users interact with our website and to personalize your online experience. In addition, we may use your information to manage your account as a user of the website, to give you access to various functionalities and to respond to your requests.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
We make every effort to ensure that your personal information is as accurate and complete as necessary for the purposes of its collection, use or disclosure.
We use tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons and scripts to improve and analyze our website. We use session and persistent cookies for a variety of reasons, including to provide the services available through the Website, to authenticate users, to personalize the user experience, and to track traffic and usage information. website. Some cookies are essential to provide the requested services and to prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We also use persistent cookies to remember user choices, such as user IDs and language preferences, to improve the user experience. We also use persistent tracking and performance cookies to track information about website traffic and to test new website pages, features or functionality to see user response. These cookies may be administered by third parties and may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
SALE OR TRANSFER OF ORGANIZATION OR ASSETS
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect the personal data you provide to us against unauthorized access, use or disclosure. These measures are regularly reassessed and improved to ensure the optimal protection of your data. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, it is important to remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We therefore cannot guarantee their absolute security. It is also important to note that we cannot be held responsible for any personal data you share with other users or post in public areas such as our blogs. These public areas can be accessed or viewed by anyone visiting our website and are therefore not covered by this policy.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. By using our website, you represent that you are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to send us any personal information. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a user under the age of 13, we will attempt to immediately delete that information from our files and records. We also encourage minor users of the Website aged 13 or over to seek permission from their parents or guardians before sending any information about them over the Internet. If you believe that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the following section
You have the right to know if we hold personal information about you and to view that information. You also have the right to ask how we collected your information, how we used it and to whom it may have been disclosed.Subject to applicable law, upon receipt of a written request from an individual and after verifying their identity, we will inform the individual if we hold personal information about them and will disclose this information to them.We may deny a person access to their information in accordance with applicable laws, in which case we will give reasons for their refusal.Any request for access to information or request for modification can be sent to the person responsible for the protection of personal information, Mazen Houdeib (Director), at the following address:
By email: email@example.com
By mail at : 6555, Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges, suite 400, Montreal (Quebec) H3S 2A6
COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS
Last updated: August 27, 2023